The Drax UK Group has been placed under a microscope recently, with a full review of our Investors In People accreditation. As ever we welcomed the opportunity for a holistic evaluation of where we are as a company especially in light of, such a heavy period of business growth over the last few months.
'The Investors in People Standard sets out how the very best organisations manage, develop and lead their people.’
You can be confident that when you work with an investor in people business; they'll be investing in staff who will invest in you – our customer. Here are some highlights from our congratulatory report when we found out we had secured and will continue with this highly sought after accreditation:
- Although the business has grown rapidly over the past few years the senior team have strived to maintain an environment of trust and transparency. The senior team keep themselves visible, and encourage an open approach with the team. During the interviews, many people spoke about the fact that they are not micro-managed and are trusted within their roles. This was further evident in the online feedback and backed up by the interviews with quotes including:
“I’m really trusted in my role, and don’t feel micro-managed”
“The management look to support people, and are really genuine in their approach”
“It was the openness of the Senior Team that made me want to join Drax”
- This strong level of trust in the leadership was echoed in the online assessment feedback, where 92% of people answered highly when asked if they trust leaders in the organisation. This is an extremely positive response, and one that the senior team should be incredibly proud of. The values of Drax are clear to see throughout the business, as they strive for their ultimate goal of being a supplier of choice.
- People consistently spoke of the following key themes which run throughout the business:
Quality Pride Safety Fairness Honesty Transparency and Integrity
Importance of 1st time Fix (but not cutting corners or rushing to get there)
Strong focus on developing people to the highest standard
- In the interviews, it was additionally clear that people take pride, responsibility and accountability in their roles with many examples given where individuals have gone above and beyond to ensure that the values are lived.
- When looking at continuous development, people fed back in interviews that they feel empowered to look at new ways of working, and will often look to learn from external partners, such as sub-contractors, suppliers, trade journals and industry experts. With a wealth of internal experience, Drax are also looking to share their own expertise to the external market, through online thought leadership articles. This gives the business a strong opportunity to engage with the external community and supports Drax’s ambition to become ‘the supplier of choice’.
“The management are very appreciative of my efforts and will always recognise my work”
“Drax is a very supportive company, on both a personal and professional level”
“It’s a great place to work, and we are privileged to have such a friendly team”
We are delighted with the results and continue to expand, improve and invest in our people to provide the best possible service all round.
Should you wish to discuss anything here please contact email@example.com
To find our more about the IIP scheme click here.